For the dough
240g plain flour
60ml good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the filling
3 large leeks + 2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp margarine
2tbsp plain flour
300ml soya milk
250ml soya cream
1. chop your leeks finely leaving out the very green bits at the top, place in a frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and salt. let them sweat until very soft.
2. sift the flour and lay it on a clean surface, add salt and make a well in the middle. little by little add the water, olive oil and incorporate them with a fork to make a dough.
3. knead it on a floured surface until it’s nice and elastic. if you notice it’s too wet you can add a bit more flour or the other way around if too dry.
4. in a small saucepan melt the margarine and add the flour, let it toast a bit and slowly whisk in the soya milk.
5. bring to a boil and make sure you keep whisking to avoid lumps.
7. add the soya cream and pour the leeks in.
8. with a rolling pin stretch the dough until it’s very fine and place it a baking tin of about 28cm. you should have enough dough on the sides so that you’ll cover a bit of the filling once it’s in. (generally there is more than enough to make a couple of crackers as well as i don’t cover the whole pie but just the sides)
9. add the filling and help yourself with a spoon so that it’s evenly spread out.
10. bake at 180C until the leeks have started to brown (i think about 30/40 mins depending on the type of oven you have)